Key figures overview
Shareholders' equity1) 2) in EUR millions
Net income3) in EUR
Response rate of suppliers surveyed on the use of conflict minerals4) 5)
1) Including noncontrolling interests.
2) Retrospective adjustment of the 2017 figure due to a change in the accounting for income tax benefits. See explanatory information in the annual report 2018 in the Appendix Note 1.4 Method change IAS 8.
3) Attributable to shareholders of the parent company.
4) Response rate of relevant suppliers surveyed on the use of conflict minerals as defined under the Responsible Minerals Initiative.
5) Survey period from March to February of the following year.
Successful patent registrations6)
Coverage rate of quality management systems8)
6) Patent registrations concern first filings filed with the German Patent and Trademark Office.
7) The values reflect the workforce headcount at the end of the year. The figures for 2016 and 2017, which were based on average values in the 2017 sustainability report, were subsequently converted to headcount at the end of the year.
8) According to the scope of the Schaeffler Group's management manual and valid certification rules.
overage rate of ISO 50001 certification9)
Total energy consumption10)
Coverage rate of ISO 14001 certification9)
9) Relating to employees.
10) Energy sources included: Electricity, natural gas, district heating, propane, fuel oil, without the amount of electricity produced by the gas-powered CHP.
Number of employees, total
Proportion of female managers11)
Coverage rate of OHSAS 18001/ISO 450019)
9) Relating to employees.
11) "Managers" are defined as employees in a supervisory function.
Our fields of action
For the Schaeffler Group, sustainability means to operate successfully in the long-term in the interests of all its stakeholder groups and to create value for its stakeholders such as employees, customers, business partners, and society with the highest level of technological expertise. In addition, …Sustainable management field of action
The current megatrends of climate change, urbanization, globalization, and digitalization are constantly presenting the Schaeffler Group's automotive and industrial customers with new challenges. Schaeffler analyzes how the demands are changing due to these megatrends and …Customers and products field of action
The topics of environmental and climate protection as well as energy efficiency are very important to the Schaeffler Group. Schaeffler supplies products and technologies that make mobility and industrial equipment more eco-friendly and efficient. As a leading technology company, Schaeffler is also committed to …Environment and energy field of action
The Schaeffler Group’s employees are one of the most important pillars of its success. Their expertise, their skills, their dedication, and their ingenuity ensure the continuous development of the company and thereby contribute significantly to its current and future success. In mutual interest, …Employees and society field of action
Health and occupational safety
Continuous reduction of occupational accidents by 10% per year (measurement: AccR)Show all goals for this SDG
Employee advancement and development
Demand-oriented and predictive qualification and development for all employeesShow all goals for this SDG
Targeted support of diversity within the corporation through diversity managementShow all goals for this SDG
Sustainable products and technologies – Energy chain
Entry into the industrialization of large stationary storage (organic redox flow battery)Show all goals for this SDG
Responsibility in supplier relationships
Implementing the OECD guidelines for the responsible use of minerals from conflict and high-risk areasShow all goals for this SDG
Sustainable products and technologies – Interurban mobility
Development of “smarter” bearings for rail transportShow all goals for this SDG
Sustainable products and technologies – Urban mobility
Entry into the market for “light” e-mobilityShow all goals for this SDG
Material and resource management
Fundamental anchoring of sustainability in the entire production environment of the Schaeffler locations as part of the “Sustainable Factory”Show all goals for this SDG